Thank you to the Kill the Spill coordinators and all the volunteers who’ve helped cleaned off our beaches and rallied to ensure we got our officials’ attention. It’s great to see that Kill the Spill is now working in tandem with the EPA, SF Dept of Emergency Management, the National Park Service, and others. We still need everyone’s help so Kill the Spill can let officials know where to deploy more resources.
Stay tuned for our volunteer appreciation party Wednesday Dec 5th, at Sports Basement Potrero Hill, 6pm-10pm.
Also, a BIG THANK-YOU goes to many organizations below who made all our efforts go smoothly over the last 13+ days, especially on our Sunday rally, November 12, 2007 (Day 5).
We are grateful for the support and outpouring of help. We know we’ve likely missed people, so please contact us to help update this list.
- SportsBasement/Joe Morton
- the first unofficial meeting place first day of spill cleanup efforts
- boxes of latex gloves
- cases of water and energy bars
- 30+ head lamps
- Starbucks Coffee (Laurel Village)
- Peets’ Coffee
- The Pizza Place
- COLE HARDWARE (All 4 stores) – tyvek suits & tarps
- GOODMAN BUILDING SUPPLY
- LA BOULANGE – warm bread and pastries
- TRADER JOES – cases of bananas, apples, and 2 flats of water
- BEACH CHALET / PARK CHALET – 5 Gallon Keg & cups Saturday (day 4)
GEORGIOS PIZZA – LARGE PIZZAS on Sunday (day 5)
- LIGHT AND MOTION – Donated lighting equipment ARC and SOLO for nighttime wildlife rescue and recovery
- Surfrider SF- Donated $5,000 to Matter of Trust for 10,000 more hairmats to clean oiled rocks and provide to Coast Guard for use from boats to test oil sheen removal.
- Matter of Trust & Lisa Gautier - instrumental help with mats & more
- SMARTGROW.NET – 1000+ Hairmats
- FUNGI.COM- $10,000 worth of OIL/ HAIR EATING MUSHROOMS FOR TOXIC WASTE
- SAN FRANCISCO RECYCLING AND DISPOSAL - Tyvek suits and tarps
- SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT USED MOTOR OIL CAMPAIGN -Toxic waste disposal assistance and their stock of 800 hair mats
- AQUA SURF SHOP – VOLUNTEER COFFEE BREAK TENT when we were cleaning in the pouring rain!
- Pedro Point Surf Club – Greg Cochran, Jim Vreeland
- Nor Cal Surf Club & Max Tom
- Nor Cal Women’s Surf Club
- Surfrider San Mateo County
- Live 105
- Proof Lab
- Sara Butorac — Kill the Spill website design www.sarabutorac.com
BIG THANKS TO PRIVATE DONORS AND DELIVERERS FOR BRINGING THE GOODIES TO THE BEACH:
Francoise Gorfain, Judith Brass, Terry Craig, Cynthia Wong, Natalie Pepper, and Many, Many More…